Tuesday, February 19, 2013

How We Met.... Two Truths and a Lie

I can't think of anything more fun (and yes slightly random) than a little game action on this Tuesday morning.  Why?  Well, our good blog buddy Lauren over at Our Crazy Ever After thought it'd make for a fun kind of linky party for the blog world- yep, it's a big ol' Two Truths and a Lie Party!  So whether you are or aren't a blogger, you can play!  It'll be a fun way to get to know each other... ya know what I mean, we might find out some random connections :)

Now, if you read our blog you might now a wee-bit about Alex and I, but I know there's one story we haven't shared at all yet.  So if you are up for the challenge, can you spot the lie?  Game on, it's story time!


During college, Alex and I worked at a lovely jewelry store chain that is in almost every mall in America.  Yes, we sold mall jewels -but- at different mall locations. On an unsuspecting day, my store was short staffed and they called in Alex for help to cover breaks at my store location.  Upon meeting Alex, I was intrigued but also confused.  He was wearing a nice suit & tie combo (I love a sharp dressed man) but he had these big ol' mutton chops on his face.  It was like a southern gentleman/hillbilly kind of look.  Anyway, conversation was slow but eventually Alex grew comfortable and turned on the chatter along with his humor.  I thought maybe he was nervous and covered it with lots of jokes & silly behavior which included wearing a UPS shipping box on his head.  In the end, I guess I was curious about him after that day because I kept thinking about him. 

Yes, he was peculiar fellow but I guess that's why I liked him and still love him for that today.  We ended up working together in the same store for about a year after that until our manager realized we weren't getting much work done when we were together and had to separate us :) only at work though, we were kind of inseparable after that.


So, that's how Alex and I met and the rest is blog history, LOL!
Now, can you spot the lie in the story???  There is a lot of truth and only one lie... what is it?!?!? 

Be sure to play along too and link up a post here or just share something in the comments! Accept this silly game challenge, it'll be fun, promise!
 
I will follow up on the truth and lie tomorrow, after that I have pics of the new faucet we installed in our upper bath to share!!!  Hope you'll stop back by!

10 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh. I know I have heard this story before, but I am coming up blank on what the lie is. Doh. I guess that means you're a dang good liar, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps that is true... Or I over thought the whole strategy and made it too hard :( oh well it was fun writing that post! I can't wait to do the follow up!

      Delete
  2. Haha okay I love this game.
    I'm guessing the facial hair is the lie!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog I'm excited to be your newest follower!

    Thegordongoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha okay I love this game!
    I'm going to guess that the facial hair is the lie!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment I'm excited to be your newest follower!

    -mikell
    Thegordongoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by too! And funny enough, his facial hair is not the lie! I will have pics to support the truths/lies tomorrow :)

      Delete
  4. Mutton chops- haaa! I love it. And horray for being your 1000th (word??) follower! :)

    http://corinbakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corin... OMG!!! You are right, I gasped when I saw your comment! You got us to 1,000! Ahhh I'm so excited, I know it's silly but I love blogging and it means a lot to see the growth with people that like reading and following along with our adventures, ya know? Anyway, thank you so much for checking out our blog & following, geeze you made my night! I can't wait to tell Alex, it is a happy milestone! Checking out your blog now too, I don't think I'll forget you anyway now, hehe!

      Delete
  5. I think its that they seperated you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That part is true Christie! Well, they just didn't want us working in the same store during the same time or something. Part of the can't date coworkers policy, I can't remember it exactly. But our coworkers like us both so they were happy we were dating at least!

      Delete
  6. I think the lie is that he wore a UPS box on his head...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?